It was a regular day for Andrew Hall. He got up in the morning, got ready for work, grabbed his vape pen and was ready to head out. It’s a normal routine, yet on this day things would turn out very different. And it all had to do with Andrew’s electronic vaping cigarette.
While Daniel had the device in his mouth, the unthinkable happened. It exploded. It was so intense that it blew out seven of his teeth while leaving second degree burns on both his face and his neck.
Bits of plastic were lodged in his mouth, lips and throat. It was an absolute horrific experience, and one that most people would be too ashamed or frightened to reveal to the world. Yet Andrew knew in order to save others, he needed to put the warning out and doing so meant posting very gruesome pictures of himself online.
Here’s what Andrew said about the experience:
“I’ve been doing this for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice.”
Andrew also posted pics of his house that also suffered from the explosion. Apparently there were some doubters out there, so Andrew wanted to share the house damage to prove this really happened.
Here he explains the wall markings:
“The torch marks are on the wall and roof are continuations from my face.”
Andrew’s intention now is to warn those who are using, or thinking of using electronic cigs. Here’s what he states his goal to be by making his tragedy public:
“I hope to possibly sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking.”
While he is still recovering from the ordeal, as the burns are going to take much longer to heal, he understands that things could have been far worse. Matter of fact if the explosion would have gone in a different direction, he may not be alive today.
Share this important story and help get Andrew’s message out so others don’t suffer!